Modulated force, Uniform dilatation
Chocolate® represents a breakthrough in PTA design. Its uniform, pillow based dilatation is designed for a less traumatic treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
Less trauma = Better acute resultsDigital Enhanced Illustration
- Gentle dilatation mechanism:
- At nominal pressures, the balloon expands beyond the diameter of the CS, thus creating small segments (defined by “pillows” and “valleys”)
- Valleys between each segment designed to allow for plaque modification/stress relief
- Uniform expansion – No “dog-boning” which can lead to vessel trauma outside the lesion
- Low secondary profile – Facilitates lesion re-crossing after multiple inflations
- Rapid deflation time
Pillows project beyond constraining structure
- Controlled uniform inflation
- Minimizes shear stress
- Minimizes “dog-boning”
- Pillows/valleys designed for
- Less vessel displacement*
- Less vessel trauma*
- Increased contact surface
- Braided shaft for improved push transmission
Chocolate® Pillow pattern with green to orange colors represents low to medium shear stress on the vessel, thus, minimize overstretch on vessel walls.
Conventional Balloon applies a very high shear stress on the vessel walls represented by the red color.
|Balloon Material:||Nylon, semi-compliant|
|Shaft Length:||120 – 135 cm|